DISC is a framework to understand your behaviors and those of others. Answer Intelligence (AQ)™ is the ability to provide elevated answers to important questions. DISC AQ is the ability to effectively communicate your behavior style as six answer types (story, metaphor, action, procedure, concept, theory).
- Understanding your behavior style is an important first step to becoming your authentic self at work.
- Understanding the behavior style of others is important to appreciate others.
- Behavior style is dynamic (it can be strengthened/weakened, changed) and it is informed by self-reflection, life experiences, education, and maturity.
- AQ is a new science of answers that fully incorporates questions.
- Questions and answers are fundamental to effective communication.
- AQ can be applied to any topic (leadership, sales, personality, etc.).
- “Who are you?" In AQ terms, you are the questions you are the answers you tell yourself and others.
- A fundamental human need is to be understood and to understand others. AQ is a framework that individuals can use at work to communicate their behavior styles to each other by simple question and answer exchange to achieve greater appreciation, respect, and influence upon each other.
- AQ is a development framework that extends DISC. There are 4 primary behavior styles (Dominance, Influence, Steadiness, Conscientious) and 15 DISC Profiles (unique combinations of the four primary behavior styles) all of which can be developed in terms of six answer types and the 5 High AQ practices. For example, there is always an opportunity to learn a new story or metaphor to emotionally connect yourself or others to your primary behavior style; you can identify a new procedure or action to develop new behaviors, and you can reflect upon and communicate behavioral concepts and theory to develop enduring mental models of yourself and others
You Need Elevated Answers
In three integrated steps you can download your combined DISC AQ report.
We've partnered with Assessments 24x7 to give you an industry leading DISC assessment.
Raise Your AQ. You need to communicate your DISC profile as six answers (story, metaphor, theory, concept, procedure, action).
You get the standard DISC output to learn about who you are.
You get the answers you need to communicate your DISC profile to others during your next meeting, job interview, or any important conversation.